It’s my birthday today. I’m officially 23 years old.
When I was 22 years old, I…
– was working comfortably as a software engineer in Perth.
– welcomed my baby niece Kirsten into this world on Christmas Day.
– started kennysia.com in January.
– tendered my resignation, just 2 months after receiving a nice payrise.
– sold everything and left Perth for good in March.
– left my girlfriend alone in Perth, just days after her Australian permanent residency was approved.
– returned to Kuching, and experienced culture shock.
– started a brand new career.
– started that whole she-bang on coconuts.
– discovered the Kuching Shuffler.
– spent a lot of time in the hospital and at home caring for my father.
– lost my father to cancer in May.
– was named Blogger of the Year at the PPS Anniversary Bash in June.
– was given an earful by my family after they found out that I kept a blog. Password-protected my more personal posts as a result. I still don’t like people discussing with my family members what I write in here, because I get into trouble everytime that happens.
– found out I have a desperate addict.
– attended Singapore’s first ever blog conference in July. Caused a ruckus in the VIP room.
– invented the word Bloglitics.
– snuck into the Miss Tourism Pageant.
– wrote the still very popular kennysia.com English-Benglish Translator in August.
– wanted to go back to Perth. Felt helpless that my girlfriend and I are drifting apart.
– raised over RM5,000 for charity together with minishorts, suanie, Peter Tan and Shaolin Tiger.
– took a semi-hiatus from blogging in September as I embarked on a major project.
< - fell sick and developed strange rash.
– wrote a long-winded social commentary on patriotism, which turned out to be my most popular entry yet.
– revisited Perth in October.
– met Lena Fonseka and got my foot in mouth.
– tried the Detox Diet, and failed the very next day.
What an emotional rollercoaster ride my 23rd year has been. One thing for sure, I’m glad it’s all over. And now I wonder what’s in store for me in this coming year.
It’s my birthday and I’m sitting here in an Internet Cafe in KL. If you’ll excuse me, I need to party.
I’m guestblogging for Cowboy Caleb.