It's my birthday today. I'm officially 23 years old.
When I was 22 years old, I...
- was working comfortably as a software engineer in Perth.
- welcomed my baby niece Kirsten into this world on Christmas Day.
- started kennysia.com in January.
- tendered my resignation, just 2 months after receiving a nice payrise.
- sold everything and left Perth for good in March.
- left my girlfriend alone in Perth, just days after her Australian permanent residency was approved.
- returned to Kuching, and experienced culture shock.
- started that whole she-bang on coconuts.
- discovered the Kuching Shuffler.
- spent a lot of time in the hospital and at home caring for my father.
- lost my father to cancer in May.
- was named Blogger of the Year at the PPS Anniversary Bash in June.
- was given an earful by my family after they found out that I kept a blog. Password-protected my more personal posts as a result. I still don't like people discussing with my family members what I write in here, because I get into trouble everytime that happens.
- found out I have a desperate addict.
- attended Singapore's first ever blog conference in July. Caused a ruckus in the VIP room.
- invented the word Bloglitics.
- snuck into the Miss Tourism Pageant.
- wrote the still very popular kennysia.com English-Benglish Translator in August.
- wanted to go back to Perth. Felt helpless that my girlfriend and I are drifting apart.
- took a semi-hiatus from blogging in September as I embarked on a major project.
- fell sick and developed strange rash.
- wrote a long-winded social commentary on patriotism, which turned out to be my most popular entry yet.
- revisited Perth in October.
- met Lena Fonseka and got my foot in mouth.
What an emotional rollercoaster ride my 23rd year has been. One thing for sure, I'm glad it's all over. And now I wonder what's in store for me in this coming year.
It's my birthday and I'm sitting here in an Internet Cafe in KL. If you'll excuse me, I need to party.