Five days ago, I said that if I could raise RM50,000 for the Sarawak Childrenâ€™s Cancer Society, I will shave my head bald.
As of writing, the total amount donated stands at RM28,854 â€“ slightly over 57% of the target we are hoping to reach. Response from the public was particularly overwhelming within the first two days of the announcement. But sad to say, less and less people have come forward with help and it seems like the donation has already slowed down to a trickle, and Iâ€™m unsure if we might even reach the target.
Thank you to all generous readers who have contributed. To date, the number of donors stands at 128. That is good.
The bad news is, this number represents only less than 1% of my daily readership. What happened to the other 99%? Either 99% of readers have no means of donating. Or 99% of my readers love my hair too much to see me go bald. ;)
Well, I figure if we wanna do good for society then we should go all out. For me, the first step is to make that huge sacrifice to let go of my hair. Iâ€™m also putting in half the advertising revenue generated from this site into the pool.
But alas, still not enough people are contributing.
So here I am again, pleading for more to come forward and donate towards this cause that I am adopting. Why am I doing this? Because clearly not enough is being done to help the faceless Malaysians quietly working behind the scenes to make the world a better place.
Letâ€™s put it this way.
If everybody reading this can stop what theyâ€™re doing right now and spare just one ringgit for the Sarawak Childrenâ€™s Cancer Society, we would have got RM20,000 and we would have reached our target already.
Of course, if you can contribute more than one ringgit, please do. We can all drink that a glass of beer less, give up that one stick of cigarette, or put away that one piece of fried chicken wing. Donâ€™t have to break your bank. Just give whatever you can within your means to help those less fortunate than you are.
The amount you contribute may not be much on its own alone, but when pooled together it will be big enough to change peopleâ€™s lives.
And it could change my hairstyle too!
Can you spare a ringgit?
Please click here to contribute towards my Botak Fund. Itâ€™s for a good cause. :)