Alright old man.
Let’s cut to the chase. You know I’m a bit too big to be sitting on your lap now, so don’t try to make either of us feel awkward ok? I know you got a job to do, but that don’t make my wishes any less important. So let’s make this as easy as possible for both of us and you’ll do just fine, aight?
You see Santa, I have been an
extremely good very good quite good moderately well... an okay boy this year. So I don’t think it’s too much to ask if you grant just some of these wishes this Christmas and beyond. Ya dig?
1. An Apple iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Everyone and their dog has got one of these things. Honestly speaking, I have never seen anyone using it productively. 99% of the time, people with an iPad are using to play games / browse pictures / pretend to be cool.
Heck, I want one too. Not to use it, but I don't mind being one of them try-hards and carrying one of those as a fashion item.
Just a dummy set will do, Santa.
2. A monorail cat.
Great for fun and travel.
3. Dr Brandt skincare products. I want to be like the founder, looking like this when he's 75 years old.
Claire and Michelle to win the Amazing Race Asia.
When I saw Michelle and Claire at the press conference, judging by their petite body sizes, I thought they would be the second team to get eliminated. Their perseverance in the race absolutely won me over.
Dammit, The Richards won.
5. Speaking of Singapore, can you make Singapore cheaper to travel to, Santa? Have you seen the hotel prices during F1 and YOG?
6. Some of those old-school Guinness Heritage collectible glasses to add to my collection of Guinness items.
They giving these out free for every 6 pints of Guinness Draught or a bucket of Foreign Extra Stout. Drink the beer and take the glass home. What a good deal eh?
7. Two words - Justin Bieber.
Enough is enough. Give him puberty and get him off the radio already!
8. Make Namewee’s head warmer.
Poor guy still wears a beanie eventhough he lives in a tropical country.
9. See more of my nephews and nieces.
Let them have enough food in their tummy, and grow up to become nice, loving and responsible people.
But don’t make them grow up too fast please. I still like them fun-sized.
10. Good friends + good food + good beer = good time. The whole of December has been so hectic for me, I thought it would be nice to take time off work this holiday season to catch friends.
Friendship means a lot more to me as I get older. So gimme lots and lots of Guinness with good friends. :)
11. Spend some quality time at home with my loved ones on Christmas Eve.
I have been either at work on travelling too much. I stay in hotels about as often as I stayed at home, and I don't see my family as much anymore - although I still live with them.
That's actually quite sad. No matter how busy I am at work, at the end of the day, I just wanna come home and be safe with my family.
12. Let every person in the world have food on the table, a family to go to and a roof over their head.
I know it's a very Miss Malaysia thing to say, but as we appreciate the things we have around us, let's spare a thought for those who don't have what we have. This Christmas, let's do something for them.
Well, that's about it. THANK YOU SANTA!
If you've popped by the pubs lately, many of them have already put up the "Merry Guinness" Christmas deco. In Kuching, there will be a Christmas party every night between the 17 to 24 December at the Rajang Lobby Lounge at the Grand Margherita Hotel.
In fact, there are big and small events happening throughout the country. I dunno where or what they are, so it's best to check out the Guinness Facebook page for yourselves. If you love beer, you'll thank me for it!
On top of it all, I actually have a little Christmas present to give away to anyone reading this blog entry. To participate, you must be above 18, non-Muslim and living in Kuching.
The contest very simple one. Just answer this question in the comment box below.
"What do you want for your Merry Guinness this year?"
Gimme the best answer and if you win, I'll buy you a round of beer or ten. :)